Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bossmare

Global app only gives me a green screen when trying to watch Y and R.

Why is this? I can see it on the computer but this is for my mother--she wants to watch on her tv. .. .

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Global app only gives me a green screen when trying to watch Y and R.

Hello! @bossmare,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your issue with the Global app. We're happy to help.

Please follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel.'
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart.
  3. Once your player starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel again.

We'd also recommend refreshing your home network connection by rebooting your wireless router and internet modem if you are experiencing an issue with channel-loading content. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@bossmare-

There are quite a number of channel apps that could be referred to as "Global app".  See: https://channelstore.roku.com/search/global

You might get better help if you mention exactly which Global app you are having trouble with.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DrivingCrooner
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue but only with Global Big Brother 25.  The advertisements/sound/CC all work but when the show is on, the screen is glitched.  Green mostly but not always.  Deleting/adding/restarting network all didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Ssearcy

I tried the above advice and it still won’t work. The ads and volume work fine, it’s the  screen solely which is glitching. And only on the global app. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ssearcy @DrivingCrooner,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues when trying to access content, and we would like to know more about how we can assist. Could you please provide more information about the issue? What channel are you on when trying to access content, and what contents are those? In addition, when did you first notice the issue occur?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrivingCrooner
Reel Rookie

We just noticed this glitchy screen yesterday.  It's in the Global TV (Canada) app.  All the other shows we looked at were good.  It's just Big Brother 25.  The ads work seamlessly, but when the show is on it's green or has a memory-type screen skewed from the previous channel in the Global app.  

Furthermore, if I fast forward or rewind, the thumbnails on the lower part of the screen show the part of the show, but it's not 100% clear.  Some of them have some pixels glitching.  When we select a thumbnail, it goes back to the green pixilated screen.

No other apps or shows have shown this display.

Hope this helps.

ChrisTopher01
Reel Rookie

Re: Global app only gives me a green screen when scrambled screen only trying to watch big brother .

I noticed this immediately when big brother 25 started.  I can use global app on phone and mirror to tv although glitchy itself I can with effort watch bb25. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos