Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R_Mcgill

Global app not loading, after activating TV

Since the Global TV app was updated with the new Global50 splash screen, the app won't load. It start to load but the spinner freezes halfway through the first rotation and quits back the the channel page.

I have tried updating the app but it returns that the app is up to date. I have tried rebooting the TVs, that did not do anything and finally uninstalled the app, rebooted the TV and reinstalled the app.

Thought this was going to work until I had to activate the TV with Global.

Could the be an issue due to Rogers buying out Shaw? Should I activate the TV through Rogers instead of Shaw?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Global app not loading, after activating TV

Hi @R_Mcgill,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are grateful that you contacted us regarding the Global TV app's playback problem. We're grateful that it appears you've tried every possible troubleshooting solution for this.

In this situation, we advise bringing up the problem with the channel team so they can provide additional assistance. In the event that troubleshooting is unsuccessful, the channel team bears direct responsibility for upgrading and optimizing the channel.

Here is how you can get in touch with them: Contact Us

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos