Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshleyP

Global Channel crashing to home screen

Jump to solution

TV model: Onn Roku TV 100012584-CA

I bought this TV a little over a month ago. 

Even though I do not have a TV service provider, I was still able to watch Global News on the Global channel on my Roku TV without issue since buying the TV until yesterday. 

This issue is only with the Global channel and not others (YouTube, etc. are working just fine.) I will click on it, the channel will load, but then it will crash after a few seconds, bringing me back to the home screen.

I removed the Global channel, restarted the TV and re-installed it many times without any change. I also did a factory reset and the issue is still there. 

I have a wireless internet connection on my TV, I also tried restarting my modem and plugging it in my Roku TV directly and it doesn't work.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I've looked through other posts to find similar issues but the advice is always to reinstall the channel (which I've already done) or to factory reset. 

Is there a fix for this? 

Thank you, 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Global Channel crashing to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

We believe this issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
57 REPLIES 57
wjeanveau
Reel Rookie

Re: Global TV loads for about 5 secs and then goes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

I am having issues with only the GlobalTV app.  Anytime I go to the app, it loads and then flips me back to the previous screen (usually the home screen). I have tried everything but the factory reset.  My info

Model: 3930CA - Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400MAVYMK

Software Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Device ID: S01430CAVYMK

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Global TV loads for about 5 secs and then goes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @wjeanveau

Thanks for the post.

Could you please provide us with the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Justfixit

Re: GLOBAL APP NOT FULLY WORKING FOR ME

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues with global TVI have deleted channel I've added the channel I've cleared my cache  Nothing seems to work ask Herald support lines they just gave me the round around cap it was over 2 hours and the problem still is not solved anyone have  Is any idea on how to solve this

0 Kudos
Knielsen12

Global TV loads for about 5 secs and then goes back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Anyone else having problems with Global app on Roku? It loads for about 5 secs and then goes back to the home screen. I'm subscribed to Telus and the app works on my tablet...

Thanks 

0 Kudos
wjeanveau
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't open any channel, kicked back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza:

GlobalTV is the only channel this is happening to. Things I have tried:

Restarted my TV

turned off/restarted Roku

Took batteries out of the Roku and put new batteries in

Removed the channel, turned off/restarted Roku and added the channel back

Restarted Modem although it can't be the problem because all other internet services are unaffected

Checked all connections.

I have not done a factory reset

0 Kudos
Deb19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue, and I have also removed the Global channel and re-added it, with no change. Still get kicked back to home screen after a few seconds. 

Anyone have suggestions??

Bcarp62
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue for 2 days. I have the Roku stick. Need an answer to this problem 😠

mkinakin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue Global Tv app keeps login off and back to the home screen as well. I have done everything to solve the problem that it says to do and still having the same issue. I hope there is a fix for this issue it has been happening now for a couple days.

arghhh13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Me also!!

I tried everything and still not working.

I have the Roku 4k still returnable.

FRUSTRATING.

In Langley, BC

0 Kudos