Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toonbon
Binge Watcher

Getting INFOWARS through my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I've read that Infowars is now available on Roku but a search at Add Channels on the Roku home page doesn't find it.  I have a Roku TV.  Do  I need to somehow update the Apps in the TV?

Thank you.

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting INFOWARS through my Roku TV

Jump to solution

It looks like it was pulled 2 years ago:

https://www.cnet.com/news/roku-removes-alex-jones-infowars-channel/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
renojim

Jump to solution

It looks like it was pulled 2 years ago:

https://www.cnet.com/news/roku-removes-alex-jones-infowars-channel/

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
toonbon
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@toonbon 

You can get still get infowars by installing Rumble/RumbleTV or Odysee Unofficial to your Roku.  Both of these are available through the Channel Store.  From Roku Home Screen, navigate to Streaming Channels...Search Channels... (then type in either Rumble or Odysee)

In Odysee Unofficial, called the Alex Jones Channel when you search for infowars from within the channel/app.  In Rumble or RumbleTV, it is called infowars from within the channel/app. 

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Kinkykatta
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Buy an Amazon firestick. Very easy to set up  it plugs into your hdmi port. When you are on the Roku tv homescreen you will click on hdmi to get to your Amazon stuff. You download the amazon browser. It might actually already be installed I can't remember.  Mine is a teal green box that says internet with the amazon smile underneath. It is also called Amazon Silk Browser. Once you open it you can go to websites and view them on your tv. Infowars works great under bannedvideo.com. you can also watch Lindelltv.com and gab tv. Most websites work but I have run across a few where you can't get videos to work.

Sashio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why are they not access-able though on Roku?

Sashio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

But is there a way to watch Lindelltv Live?

Sashio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On my ROKU sorry I  forgot that part

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Sashio 

Currently, there is no channel yet that you can just install and watch LindellTV on your Roku.

You can watch LindellTV on your Roku (and all other web content), by navigating to https://lindelltv.com/ on your phone or laptop and then casting it to your TV, or using an HDMI cable.

With my laptops, I generally use an HDMI cable for streaming directly to the TV.  With my Android phones, I use some free apps from the Play Store that allow me to cast web content to the Roku.  I generally use Web Video Caster, but other good ones are "Video and TV Cast for Roku" and Castify/Rokify.  

There are other ways to screen mirror or use Airplay for IoS/Apple devices, but I am unfamiliar with the exact method for this.  More info on that can be found here  https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Kinkykatta
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't think Roku has a browser available. I have a Roku tv with Amazon fire stick plugged in  . You can also stream on your computer and plug that into the hdmi on your Roku tv. There is also a way to pair your tv with your cell phone. You wirelessly connect your cell phone to your Roku tv and it broadcasts what you are watching on your phone. I have never done it but you can search it on YouTube. PAIR ROKU TV WITH SMARTPHONE. My advice dont include infowars or anything conservative if you want the most answers...lol. I also saw Alex J. A week or 2 ago talking about how they have a Roku channel now. I can't find it and was searching on my phone when I found your questions and the biased answers. I suspect Roku caved and got rid of it.

@Sashio wrote:

On my ROKU sorry I  forgot that part