Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M-R-P
Reel Rookie

Get this off my home screen!!!!!!!!

Jump to solution

roku.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Get this off my home screen!!!!!!!!

Jump to solution

@M-R-P, someone else reported this problem and a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power cleared it up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Grailquest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Yes!! Brand new ultra. Switched from my Tivo 4k stream. I get to look at this misplaced ad over my apps?  I would expect more from a well established device/company. It's annoying, and now the forum help are acting like they can't see it? Everyone sees it.
  • The question is do I know return this device? Ugh...
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users!
We're excited to have you here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your feedback.
We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well not everyone sees it – I don’t.  I could find that under a heading “All things Food” but it wasn’t superimposed on the home screen like it is above.  I since turned it off under settings -> homescreen and it went away entirely for me.

Roku really seems amateurish these last few months.  Stuff keeps getting out into the wild that seems obviously not even beta quality.

Banned but back. Because why not?
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@alixlynae,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Please provide us with the following information: so we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Your patience and understanding are so much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@M-R-P, someone else reported this problem and a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power cleared it up.

Grailquest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a system update this morning and the misplaced ad was still there. Did another system update this evening and the problem appears to be gone. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Grailquest, I'm glad it's gone, but that should have been a "System restart" not a "System update".  They're not the same.

M-R-P
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"System restart" did the trick for me.  Not sure why I didn't think about trying that before, but the option is buried deep in the menu so not sure I saw it until I followed your bread crumbs.  I think I was just really ticked off by all the advertising I had to wade through just to get it up and running, and then to see such an annoying GUI issue... I was already hot.  Many thanks again.

0 Kudos
Grailquest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was a software update to the system. 🤷

0 Kudos