Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Froze on “Channel Update 2/42”

My roku was unplugged and when it was plugged back in it asked for my email. i typed that in and did all of the activating on my phone. now my roku is popping up with the message “channel update 2/42… updating netflix” and it hasn’t moved from this screen. the loading sign goes around but nothing else changes

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Froze on “Channel Update 2/42”

Hi @adriandekoning,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem of being stuck on updating channels after activation. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV) How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection? How far is your device from your network router? Please be advised that Roku needs a strong internet connection, enough to load all the updates and channels. Try to restart your modem and router by unplugging them from the wall outlet and plugging them back in after 30 seconds. If the issue persists, we suggest that you re-set up your Roku device, connect to a better internet connection, and reactivate it.

Let us know if this works for you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos