Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frndly app issue when trying to watch

When I try to watch anything on the Frndly app I get the error Oops! your Roku didn’t keep up. Please change the channel to fix this. I have removed app, checked for software updates and still get error. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Frndly app issue when trying to watch

Hi @nancynapier

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For clarification, did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rpetrie
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue.  It started a few days ago.  I even upgrades from a ROKU Premier to an Ultra but I still have the same issues.

0 Kudos
beckya

I am having the same issues for the last 3 days now. I have unplugged tv, reconnected internet, uninstalled frndly, reinstalled frndly. Did all updates. I have tried everything and nothing works on either tv. I can watch it no problem though on my cellphone or laptop. But I want to watch from my tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rpetrie @beckya 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rpetrie
Channel Surfer

I followed your directions step by step and it made no difference.  I get the same exact error message.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rpetrie,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
HobbitLovr

When trying to play a MeTV recording on the Frndly app on Roku, I got the same message “Oops! Roku didn’t keep up. Change the channel to fix this.” At that  moment NONE of the MeTV recordings in the Frndly app would play anymore, neither through my TV nor on the Frndly app on my phone.  So I did what it said.  I changed the channel (opened another app inside the Frndly App on my TV) and watched a few seconds of another show,  then I changed back to the MeTV channel and my was then able to play my recordings. I had tried just changing the channel and that didn’t do it. I had to actually change the channel AND play something else. <whew> Sure wouldn’t want to miss an episode of My Three Sons!   It’s the happy kickstart of my day.