Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rp57
Reel Rookie

Freezing my TV so I cannot watch anything

In the last few days my Roku has been freezing up unless I don't subscribe to a channel that I didn't even stream. It's like someone else is in control of my remote and TV. I have no control. I can't even shut my TV off without doing it manually! Customer service is of no help. It would be nice if I actually had a agent to talk to. I never had problems before, was really happy with Roku. But what has been happening lately has changed my mind. I feel I am dealing with a very dishonest company and now will no longer use your services. Shame on you, Roku. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Freezing my TV so I cannot watch anything

@rp57, you need to give more information.  I don't understand your statement, "freezing up unless I don't subscribe to a channel".  On the surface, it sounds like you're having a simple remote control problem.  Have you tried replacing the batteries?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rp57
Reel Rookie

Yes, renojim, I have changed the batteries just recently. My remote is not the problem. My problem is when I go to a channel I usually watch, I will be able to watch it for a few minutes than it jumps, for example, to Hulu, which I haven't subscribed to. I try to get back to the home page but it won't let me. I'm assuming it wants me to subscribe. But I don't want to subscribe. If I don't subscribe it freezes completely. I can't escape out of that page and I cannot even shut my TV off. I have to do it manually. I know it's hard to understand. I can't understand it so it's hard to explain. I don't like emailing. I would rather talk to an agent on the phone, also. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rp57,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try performing a system restart to help clear the cache on your device from Settings>System>Power (if applicable)>System restart. Also, make sure to perform a restart on your router and then try accessing it again to see if there are any differences.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos