Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

Re: freevee channel not working

Hello RokuLianna,

If you look in the history of this thread you will see what you said was already addressed and tried. It did not work. Something is wrong with the Freevee channel and it appears Amazon/Freevee doesn’t  care. I suspect we will be told to use the Amazon Prime Video app like we are now to get around the issue.  

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @BlarneyStone

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Freevee channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Freevee Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Pb10

Today (04/26/23) our Freevee channel started doing this exact same thing.  We just installed a new Roku TV a few months ago & Freevee has been working fine until about noon today when it began to upload then flashes back to the home screen.  It might play a few minutes thru Prime but then stops & goes back to Roku home.  Do you suppose something has been hacked?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Pb10

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Angulo56

I just did the system update and it’s still kicking out to the homepage. Does Roku know what’s going on 

Angulo56

If you go to a program you want and it comes up with different channels to watch on, if you pick freevee it’ll work but trying to open freevee itself, nope. I hope they figure this out because it’s a pain 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Angulo56 

A little weird that you can get into Freevee from the Search results but not directly launching the channel/app.

Have you already tried the Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure?

1. Remove Freevee.

2. Restart Roku device (Settings/System/System Restart, or Settings/System/Power/System Restart).

3. Reinstall Freevee.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

AvsGunnar,

Just look at the thread history. We have already done that with no change in behavior. 

I personally grow tired of forums constantly repeating the same tired advice when the tasks have already been addressed and reported on. The frustration with that kind of advice is increased when detailed results have already been provided. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@BlarneyStone 

When you are in the Roku forum and you see "@ a username" in a posting, that is the user that is being addressed and the information being offered or inquired.

In the previous posting, the user @Angulo56 was being addressed.

Sometimes you need to keep in mind that different users are having different issues with the same channel/app and may or may not be related to the thread being posted in.  Currently, I am having no issues with Freevee (signed in/not signed in) so this is not a universal Freevee issue that is affecting all users.

Did you happen to try the workaround mentioned by @Angulo56 by doing a search for the content you want to watch and see if the Freevee channel/app works for you that way?  At least that way can see if similar issues are presenting which may help either Roku or Freevee track down the culprit. (seems more of a Freevee or Amazon server issue though, affecting some users.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ericap615

Re: Freevee channel not working

This fixed ours doing the same thing. It just kept cycling us back to Roku home. We deleted the app, power cycled the system via the actual settings on the tv. Then unplugged the tv , reinstalled app. Then we pulled up freevee without signing in. Started one of our previous shows for 30 seconds to a minute. Then we backed out of the show and signed in. We were able to sign in successfully and all of our show info was saved. Hope this helps and works for someone else!