Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foyles War Season 1 closed captioning

i have had the same problem but in season 1 . have tried all the crazy tricks. incredibly frustrating. I will  cancel my roku acorn and subscribe to acorn  separately. thank you

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Foyles War Season 1 closed captioning

Hi, @janetjustus

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. May we know what specific episodes in season 1 are having the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tamiparks

I am watching Foyles War, season 1. The first two episodes were fine, but starting in episode 3 and now 4,  the captions are about 10 seconds ahead of the dialogue. It's very distractirestarng and unhelpful. I have searched for updates, restarted ROKU, and downloaded the app on my phone and gone through the process of putting the TV Screen in the purple box of the app on my phone. It didn't change anything.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Foyles War Season 7 closed captioning

Hi @tamiparks,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
digshot
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing this same problem and it continues into successsive seasons. I usually get two edisodes where the captioning is in sync, and two that are not.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @digshot 

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having the same issue with closed captioning on Foyles War. We've provided an update to the appropriate Roku team regarding the ongoing investigation of this. Once more information is gathered, we'll keep this thread posted.

We hope for your patience as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos