Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Re: FoxNation not accepting credentials

I have done it all:

Restart Roku, uninstall & reinstall the app, spend an hour on the phone with Roku Tech Support  (said they could not fix it and to contact Fox) and a tech support with Fox who said it was a Roku problem and they could not fix it, Resubscribe to Fox Nation hoping that might work and when it did not, I cancelled my subscription and got a refund through ROKU since I purchased it through the Roku device.

I am reluctant to resubscribe because neither Roku or Fox is willing to accept responsibility and I do not want to resubscribe to Fox Nation because I am concerned doing so may still not allow me to access content. When I had FN and my account was still active, it stopped working several months before my subscription was set to. renew. The FN app started asking me to sign in, but when I did sign in using the CORRECT login credentials, I was asked to “Choose a Plan” even though, at the time my subscription was current. I was unable to proceed beyond “Choose a Plan” and access content even though at the time my subscription was. still active.

At this point, with neither side accepting responsibility and providing a solution, I am done with Fox Nation.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FINZ2RIGHT,

Thank you for informing us!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Model #: 4660X Roku Ultra

Serial #: YJ0085328997

Software Version: 12.5.0 Build 4178-46

Device ID: CK3928328997

As explained in my previous reply, this problem is on Fox Nation. I am not aware of any issues with other streaming services.

Tracker ID: As I explained earlier since I could not access Fox Nation when my subscription was still active, I did not resubscribe and will not resubscribe without assurances that the issue has been identified AND FIXED.

Below is my previous response:

have done it all:

Restart Roku, uninstall & reinstall the app, spend an hour on the phone with Roku Tech Support  (said they could not fix it and to contact Fox) and a tech support with Fox who said it was a Roku problem and they could not fix it, Resubscribe to Fox Nation hoping that might work and when it did not, I cancelled my subscription and got a refund through ROKU since I purchased it through the Roku device.

I am reluctant to resubscribe because neither Roku or Fox is willing to accept responsibility and I do not want to resubscribe to Fox Nation because I am concerned doing so may still not allow me to access content. When I had FN and my account was still active, it stopped working several months before my subscription was set to. renew. The FN app started asking me to sign in, but when I did sign in using the CORRECT login credentials, I was asked to “Choose a Plan” even though, at the time my subscription was current. I was unable to proceed beyond “Choose a Plan” and access content even though at the time my subscription was. still active.

At this point, with neither side accepting responsibility and providing a solution, I am done with Fox Nation.”

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

sorry for the triple reply but each time I posted a response, it did not appear on the thread until my 3rd attempt when ALL 3 reply’s suddenly showed up

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

if you will go through the entire thread it should be obvious that others are or have experienced the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FINZ2RIGHT,

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing the information requested.
We'll take it from here and report this to the relevant Roku team for additional analysis.

We'll be sure to forward any updates here as soon as they become available.

Thank you,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Thank you John, problem is solved now, but I appreciate your communication with me.

Kind Regards

CindyLeigh

0 Kudos
foley714

Same problem.  I gave up - tried a lot of things, swearing like a sailor. Logging into Fox Nation on my laptop and cast it to the TV screen.

0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Is annoying to know that this is still going on!  The problem solved itself for me and it has been working for well over a month now.  I'll be honest, I cancelled Fox Nation after they fired Tucker and to rub salt in the wound of that move, they now only show two primetime shows (Hannity and Jesse) you can "LISTEN" to Laura.  You can also watch most of the shows for free on youtube.  I'm staying canceled unless they offer a really good deal to subscribe again to Fox Nation, which I don't see them doing.  I wish we collectively drop kick Bret Baier, he's a RINO supporter.  

0 Kudos