Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Re: FoxNation not accepting credentials

I'm having the same issue with my Roku 3.  

0 Kudos
DaveWM
Channel Surfer

Ok, so I see that ROKU is having the exact same problem with the Fox Nation App, the Peacock App, and the Newsmax+ App.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Account-payments-subscriptions/Peacock-is-not-recognizing-my-subscript...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/I-paid-for-NewsMax-but-still-HAVE-NOT-been-able-to-wa...

PLEASE Roku, fix this as soon as possible!!!!

0 Kudos
DaveWM
Channel Surfer

How are we to get a refund from Fox when the issue is with Roku?  Quite the dilemma given that I have a paid subscription with Fox that I cannot watch on Ruku, and there is apparently no fix.  😞

0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Roku you have almost a week to fix this.  Where's the fix?  Have you even communicated with FoxNation?  What have they said?  This appears to be happening ONLY on all models of Roku.  Please update us with what you know.  

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

I have been having the same problem for months. My FN subscription was set to expire on 11/23 and I noticed in October when I tried to use the FN app on my Roku I was asked to log in, which I did. After logging in I was asked to “choose a plan” even though I had an active subscription which was current.

I went through all the trouble shooting steps with Roku unsuccessfully and then contacted Fox which was a total waste of time.

Finally I decided that maybe if I “selected a plan” and renewed my current subscription that may fix the problem. IT DID NOT. EVERYTIME I LOGGED IN I WAS ASKED TO CHOOSE A PLAN AND COULD STILL NOT LONGER ACCESS CONTENT even though I had chosen and been charged for a plan.

Neither Roku nor Fox seems to be the least bit interested in fixing the problem. So I guess I will no longer be a Fox Nation subscriber. I had Roku cancel my subscription since I renewed it on my Roku Ultra 4660X and Roku did cancel and refund my subscription renewal. 

As long as this has been going on, if they were interested in finding a solution, they have had plenty of time to do so.

0 Kudos
Al_S
Binge Watcher

@FINZ2RIGHT,

I think it best to ditch Fox Nation.  They are clueless as to how to fix the problem as are Roku.

0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Today, Saturday December 9, it actually worked.  I didn't have to log in.  My hope is that they fixed it, or Roku fixed it, or both.  We had signed up for a year subscription just before they fired Tucker, and I cancelled right after that only to discover I had about 10.5 months left.  I seriously doubt I resubscribe, I do not trust the younger Murdocks any further than I could throw them.  

FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Glad it worked for you. Before I resubscribe, I need Roku to post on this thread that they identified the problem and have corrected it. I resubscribed once and still could not log in but I was lucky that Roku issued a refund because I subscribed on their device. 

Is anyone from Roku paying attention. If so has the problem been identified and fixed? Need a detailed response explaining not only what the problem was but how it was fixed. 

DaveWM
Channel Surfer

YES!!  It is indeed working as of today!  🙂

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,
Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Fox Nation channel. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Does a simple system restart can fix the issue by going to settings, system, power, and system restart? (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos