Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eschatolgist
Reel Rookie

Fox nation available on one tv but won’t load/play on other ROKU set up in the house

Jump to solution

On the phone with Roku for over an hour. Did all of that (removed FN App, factory-reset Roku, reinstalled App).

Spoke to three (3) different C.S. agents (an initial one, an IT tech-support, then finally an accounting person to get a refund for the many months of service we're missing because it doesn't work) and after trying for over an hour to make it right, Roku simply HUNG UP on us.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eschatolgist
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox nation available on one tv but won’t load/play on other ROKU set up in the house

Jump to solution

Cindy, You make me laugh (you cancelled 'cause of Tucker : )

We're older folks, and not quite as reactionary as many of our fellow Patriots (tho we luv all o'Y'all : )

We still really like Laura Ingraham 🫶🏼 and some other programming. 
It's also funny that right now we have 8 mos. left on our subscription.

Strangest things about all this: we'd subscribed thru Roku. So FN wouldn't deal w/it. Spent an hour on phone w/ Roku, was about to get a refund and they hung up phone 😠 

Today, tho, FN working just fine again 🤷‍♀️ 

AND - an email I just saw when finding your msg too says: they're issuing the entire year's refund ! 
Way too confusing...

[We were fine 'cause it was back to working... I dunno. Technology: there's convenience AND troubles with it.]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Re: Fox nation available on one tv but won’t load/play on other ROKU set up in the house

Jump to solution

Try going directly to Fox Nation's website and talking to someone live.  Information you will need:  The last your Roku was updated (probably TODAY as every Roku), And they will ask for the model number of the Roku and a serial number.  When was Fox Nation last updated (had no answer to that one) and if you gone through all the "Delete the app, restart the Roku, Install the app"

As of two hours ago, Fox Nation was working again for me on Roku 3.  But I only have about 8 months left with Fox Nation because I cancelled them after they fired Tucker Carlson, and they don't allow refunds.  It's bad enough the two new shows we aren't allowed to watch even a day later, we can only listen to them.  That's just stupid of them.  

Good Luck, but do contact FoxNation online and chat with a real person if your problem hasn't been solved like mine was.

CindyLeigh

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What Roku models (and model numbers) do you have? 

Per this page, Fox Nation requires a Roku running Roku operating system version 9.4 or higher.  You can check your Roku OS version and Roku model names and numbers via Settings > System > About.

Some older Roku models are limited to OS versions 9.1 or lower.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
eschatolgist
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Cindy, You make me laugh (you cancelled 'cause of Tucker : )

We're older folks, and not quite as reactionary as many of our fellow Patriots (tho we luv all o'Y'all : )

We still really like Laura Ingraham 🫶🏼 and some other programming. 
It's also funny that right now we have 8 mos. left on our subscription.

Strangest things about all this: we'd subscribed thru Roku. So FN wouldn't deal w/it. Spent an hour on phone w/ Roku, was about to get a refund and they hung up phone 😠 

Today, tho, FN working just fine again 🤷‍♀️ 

AND - an email I just saw when finding your msg too says: they're issuing the entire year's refund ! 
Way too confusing...

[We were fine 'cause it was back to working... I dunno. Technology: there's convenience AND troubles with it.]

0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I contacted Fox and it's working now, the problem is 100% on Foxes end.  I have a Roku 3 and 4.  It suddenly stopped working the Roku 3, worked with no issues on the Roku 4.  After a online chat (skip the bot and simply say I want to speak to human) The bot did tell me they were aware of the issue, but I still insisted that I talk to a real person and gave them all the technical information that they needed.  It was fixed a few hours later.  If you have any other questions, please feel free reach on the this website I will try to help.  

CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The Roku 3 updates every day.  Issue is on Foxes end ONLY.  Especially if you have a subscription going on 3 years now and it worked fine.  Just insist on live help, the bot is there just to show the world how annoying bots are.  At least they tell you they are a bot at up front, I always say "I want to talk to a human being" (I think "real person" confuses them, but use both if the bot pretends not to understand you)

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @eschatolgist,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Being unable to enjoy your favorite shows when you just want to sit down and relax is something that we understand the most.

FOX NOW is no longer available; please enjoy these other great apps from FOX. Whether it's sports, news, local updates, or entertainment content, we want to create deeper engagement and ensure viewers can seamlessly explore and enjoy their favorite content within our ecosystem of brand-specific apps such as FOX Sports, FOX News, FOX Local, and Tubi. The image tiles allow you to quickly access our other FOX apps, such as FOX Sports, FOX News, FOX Local, and Tubi.
If a tile is grayed out and you are unable to click on it, that is because that app is not compatible with the device from which you are accessing the FOX NOW app.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have no idea what "Fox Now" is....I had paid for FoxNation, and I was able to get it fixed via them.  

0 Kudos
eschatolgist
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wasn't inquiring about nor commenting on FOX Now. 
My inquiry was concerning FOX Nation.

Thanks anyhow.

0 Kudos
CindyLeigh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm terribly sorry, I misunderstood you!  You must contact FoxNaxion.com, you will be talking to a bot, tell the bot you want to talk to a real person or human being, the bot is a clueless wonder.   They want to know the last time FoxNation was updated (which would be today, since Roku updates everyday) they want to know you model number serial number (is it Roku 3?) They will ask for some other information so before you even start to chat go to the "System" sections.  Mine was fixed a few hours later and is still working....knock wood.

CindyLeigh

0 Kudos