Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenohol

Finding subscribed channel on home screen

OMG, I’m so frustrated and about to cancel and delete everything and read a book, instead.

I’m using an Insignia FireTV (not Stick). I’ve installed the Roku app on the FireTV. I’ve just subscribed to Paramount+ on the Roku website. I’m at the TV. The Roku app is open. Where oh where do I find the Paramount channel on the Roku home screen???

I would access Paramount+ on its app for the FireTV, but the app on a FireTV is really really buggy, and I haven’t been able to watch anything for 2 months. “Sorry, video is not available.” I hear it’s much better on Roku.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Finding subscribed channel on home screen

If you subscribe to something through Roku you can often only use the subscription on an actual Roku device.  The Roku app on another device isn't a substitute for an actual Roku device.

Having said that, I can't say positively that that's your problem, but I'm pretty sure you can't use a "premium" service on the Roku app on another platform.  The fine print when you subscribe states, "Certain content may be viewed only within The Roku Channel, only on Roku devices, or only in certain geographic locations – see offer terms for details."  I didn't get too far looking at the offer terms for more specifics.  I've never used the Roku app on some other device, so I don't know what it offers.

If you really want to try out Paramount+ via Roku, you can add a Roku device to your FireTV.  By the way, you don't need to subscribe to anything through Roku.  If you already have a Paramount+ subscription directly with them, you could use that subscription on a Roku device.  However, if your subscription is through Amazon, you probably can't (they often have the same limitations trying to use their subscriptions on other devices).  It's usually recommended to take out a subscription directly with the provider if you want to be able to use that subscription anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
UrsaMom

I have Curiosity Stream and subscribed on their website. I have added it to Roku but there's no tile for me to click on. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Try a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (depending on your Roku model).  I've added apps and have had them not show up on my Home Screen until I restarted my Roku.  You can also try searching in Streaming Store for the app and it may show it as already installed and allow you to open it from there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos