Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rapgame

Fast Forwarding more than 15 secs?

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Premiere, but it won’t fast forward more than 15 sec increments using YouTube TV. Any tips? I tried the directional arrow and fast forward icon/button.

Any Help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Fast Forwarding more than 15 secs?

Jump to solution

@rapgame

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rapgame

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wldiii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The suggestion that You Tube has anything to do with ff rates  is flat out wrong. As others have reported, Ultra ff’s slowly whereas Sticks ff at a high rate. Please investigate your own product issues, Roku. 

wldiii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with my Ultra. My three Sticks worked fine but the Ultra only fast forwarded at the 15 sec rate. I solved the problem by performing a system restart ( SETTINGS-SYSTEM-SYSTEM RESTART.). I realized that the Ultra was the only Roku plugged into power continuously.  The Sticks received power through their respective USB ports. These sticks restarted every time the TV was turned off whereas the Ultra never did. Removing and restoring power fixes many computer intermittents. I hope this fixes yours!

Jump to solution

So why is it that my roku stick lets me fast forward x2 and x3 but the roku TV makes me hit the fast forward button every time to skip 15 sec forward??? If it’s all YouTube’s fault then why is it not across all roku products? YouTube doesn’t upload changes to the app without getting approval from roku before doing so. 

so what’s the answer?

archer101
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Waiting for Roku to fix this issue it's not YOUTUBE TV FireTV fast-forwards just fine. I have the Roku Ultra and what a pain to go through a long golf tournament 15 seconds at a time. Fix it. 

0 Kudos
Walker1847

Jump to solution

I have TCL Roku tv in living room and Roku stick in bedroom. When fast forward problem occurs it effect’s both of them. You need to reset Roku. This works for me every time.

give it a minute and the Roku will start reset process. This fixes fast forward problem every time for me. I have had to do this multiple times over the years for this issue. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Peghaws

Jump to solution

FYI this answer still stands in 2023!! Thank you!! 

0 Kudos
Nothanku

Jump to solution

Doing a system restart works but it's temporary.  I need to restart mine every 3 days or so.

0 Kudos
Pauluser

Jump to solution

The System Restart totally worked.  Thank you.

0 Kudos