Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seth78
Level 7

Factory rest while haveing current paid channels

I need to link my Exspress + to my account but must factory rest it in order to get link  code. I have channels though I pay for monthly. Will my subscriptions still be active after a factory reset?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Factory rest while haveing current paid channels

It depends on how you're paying for those subscriptions.  If the subscriptions are paid through Roku then they're tied to the Roku account.  You can see what Roku account a device is linked to by checking the email address that shows under Settings->System->About.  You can check if you have any subscriptions by logging in with that email address at https://my.roku.com .  If you factory reset the Roku and linked it to a different account you would lose access to those subscriptions.

If you are paying for those subscription directly through the provider (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) then you'd just log in with your credentials the first time you start the channel/app after the factory reset.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.