Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottydoesntkno
Reel Rookie

FIX THE SCREENSAVER ISSUE WITH PLEX AND OTHER APPS!

Ever since the last update where y'all required app developers to remove built-in screensavers, Plex is no longer usable. Because of YOUR screensaver requirements, now every time I pause my streaming for more than 5 minutes, it will completely exit out of the playlist/buffering and force me to restart. It doesn't save where I was on the playlist, so when it exits out and I'm on random, I have to start all over.

The only solution offered by y'all so far is "Disable the screensaver!", which means I can now run the risk of burning an image into my screen because you won't play nicely with other apps. 

It's absurd and you are destroying other apps with this asinine requirement. I've been with Roku since the inception because it was easy to use, but this is really making me think about switching to Firesticks.

3 REPLIES 3
Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

Re: FIX THE SCREENSAVER ISSUE WITH PLEX AND OTHER APPS!

I agree 100% it's a shame Roku doesn't listen to it's long time customers. 

0 Kudos
D101010
Reel Rookie

Totally agree I am thinking to dump my roku's and find something better.  these changes over the years really ruin the experience.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We really do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and we'd like to see more on what's going on here.

Could you share with us more information about this? Is there an error message? When did you start seeing the issue occur? If possible, for us to understand better, could you share a video clip on the issue you're seeing with us?

Let us know more about this so that we can further look into this.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos