Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

FAVORITES JUST DISAPPEARED!

OK, I was having a little issue with my antenna getting a station, so decided to do a scan on my OTR channels. Well, when I went back to the main menu, I discovered the several dozen channels I had in my Favorites Menu are gone! Now WTF? I've done the channel scan many times before, without it affecting anything else, but now, I must go station by station, manually re-entering channels!  To make it worse, I added a number of streamed & OTR channels to the list, did another channel scan, and POOF!  The ones I just put in the Favorites list are gone, yet again!  This is ridiculous, and I sure as **bleep** don't want to spend a half hour of putting in each station individually, only to have them vanish yet again!  ROKU WHAT IS GOING ON???  Obviously, some sort of update messed with my system... this is so frustrating.

1 REPLY 1
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: FAVORITES JUST DISAPPEARED!

Do any of the Roku employees have any kind of explanation as to why my entire Favorites list suddenly vanished? Then did it again!! I'm wary to take the time to recreate another one until I know whatever bug or glitch is occurring, has been fixed.
Until then, the Channel Guide & Navigation is unmitigated **bleep**, like being adrift at sea during a storm, with no compass....

It would be fairly simple to move around via the voice control, but without a Master Station List, how is that supposed to happen? Since channels aren't very well grouped into categories, and the categories on the left hand menus are just bizarre, as not all fit, and many that do are missing. Would it be really difficult to create pdf file listing all the current channels, and their numbers, so we can print it out & have it with us, which would also mean we could check or circle our Favorites, so that way, we'll have them, without worrying about the entire list just disappearing, as they have a tendency to do, and few us have that much time on our hands to want to go through the entire guide of hundreds of channels, putting those we want in the list, only to have them vanish at any time..

0 Kudos