Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoff-black
Reel Rookie

F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

I am a registered user of F1 but decided that after getting my Roku 3810, that I would subsibe to the content of F1 TV.

The app opened fine and I was able to see what was available and went through the onscreen subscription process. once completed I sat back to enjoy some highlights and it reverted me back to the Roku Home Screen!

It kept doing the same thing everytime I started the app. I tried everything; Updating the F1 TV app using the * button, no change, removing the channel and reloading it, no change, removed the channel, restarted the device uploaded the channel and updated it, no change. it goes through to the standard subscribe page for not even 1 second and crashes me back to the Roku home screen.

F1 TV works fine on my phone and laptop and goes straight through to the home screen where I can enjoy the content.

I've been on to F1 support and they tried everything, even whitelisting my IP to update the app and after this and many pointless excersises, it is now being escalated.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this and how did they overcome it.

129 REPLIES 129
fjvandor
Reel Rookie

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

I’m having the EXACT same issue. It’s extremely annoying. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting and tried getting in contact with F1 tv support but I have to call back tomorrow during operating hours. Please keep this updated and I’ll do the same

This is happening with Hulu as well I was watching tv and it just kicked me out and now I can’t even watch it. Supposedly it’s a Roku issue. 

Geoff-black
Reel Rookie

They (F1TV) had supposedly escalated the problem as they couldn't fix it using live support. I received an email from a new customer service agent asking me the same questions and if I tried the same methods as we tried in the live support. If this is what they call escalation, this could take awhile.

Time to get the popcorn out!

JoyO
Reel Rookie

Did anyone find a solution for this? I am having the exact same problem with a Roku TV I purchased yesterday. 

Geoff-black
Reel Rookie

I am still going around in frustrating circles with F1TV support. I sent a rather impolite email back after receiving yet another support email asking me to do the same processes yet again. I also threatened cancellation. This seems to have got the issue escalated within their teams and I am now hoping that it will go to their tech department for a revision to their software.

Three bags of popcorn so far.......... 

fjvandor
Reel Rookie

Ok so here’s what ended up happening with me. I called F1 TV tech support and after a couple of calls they came to the conclusion that my specific roku device’s serial number is not one of the units that will support the F1 TV app. It has to be a certain generation of roku device within a certain product number range for it to work on there. So I returned my roku, bought a new one that matched one of the product numbers that F1 TV gave me, and guess what, it still didn’t work. So honestly I said screw it and just downloaded the F1 TV app on my iPhone and use Apple air play straight to my TV. I highly recommend this if you have the option. Screw the back and forth game with roku I’ve had enough.

JustAPerson
Reel Rookie

Same exact problem. Registered and paid for F1 TV channel on Roku, kicks me back to home every time. It's Jan 2022, and from the other postings it looks like no solution. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JustAPerson,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

As a first step, could you try to remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'? Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Geoff-black
Reel Rookie

This isn't an issue with Roku. It is a fault with F1 TV. Their design team have been looking into this for over a month now and I've not heard anything back yet.

All methods of resetting, upgrading, deleting, re-formatting etc, etc, etc are futile. The error with the channel continues to exist.

Please, if you have this issue with F1 TV, do not re-format your device, especially if you have registered and/or logged in to multiple channels as you will have to go through the entire process on each channel again. 

I repeat, this is an issue with the F1 TV App and their software. 

Thank you

Geoff