Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bru87tr1
Reel Rookie

Extra commercials being inserted into programs

Thats funny cause I get commercial breaks with on demand shows with the Roku sling app. But the same show on my Xfinity flex app I do not. So please explain that to me.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Extra commercials being inserted into programs

Hi @bru87tr1,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the ads and contents within an app. The respective channel is solely responsible for choosing the content and ads, and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. With that being said, we would recommend reaching out to Sling TV Support to report the issue and for further help.

In addition, Please be aware that while we can't please everyone with the displayed ads, we strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might disagree with.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bru87tr1
Reel Rookie

Wow, that’s not one response I’ve heard before. When you guys say that over and over, it doesn’t make us smarter.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

From what I have read, Roku’s standard deal is that they want 20% of a channel’s subscription fees or 30% of a channel’s ad inventory.  If a channel finds that to be excessive, they could increase the advertising on their channel to compensate for the ads or income given up to Roku.  I have no inside knowledge about content providers, but this seems like an obvious solution for them.

Banned but back. Because why not?