Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nieuwy
Level 8

Error adding CBC TV, Roku email advertised that the channel should be available for Olympics

I received an email from roku saying CBC TV was available on roku, specifically for watching Olympics. Went to add the channel and it says "Could not add CBC TV. Error"

Why is it not adding?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error adding CBC TV, Roku email advertised that the channel should be available for Olympics

Hey @Nieuwy

Thanks for the post.

Did you receive the error message when adding the channel directly on your TV or through the website? With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nieuwy
Level 8

Re: Error adding CBC TV, Roku email advertised that the channel should be available for Olympics

The error message was on my TV.

I also tried through the email sent by roku advertising the channel, I clicked to install it via my phone, and it said "installed", but clearly not the case.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Nieuwy

Thanks for the reply.

Channels added via the website will not immediately appear on your Roku device. Your Roku checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added and automatically installs them. If you would like to download immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Nieuwy 

Are you in Canada?

Was your Roku purchased in/from Canada?

Was your account set up in Canada?

Has your Roku or Roku account always been used exclusively in Canada?

Trying to determine if your account became tied to another country in any way. That could stop the CBC app from installing or running properly.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Nieuwy
Level 8

Thank you for the suggestion. I did try the system update but it is still not added.

I also have tried to add the channel directly on the TV and that is when I get the error message.

0 Kudos
Nieuwy
Level 8

Yes to all. Always Canada.

0 Kudos
renojim

Can you add any channel from Streaming Channels?  Maybe it has nothing to do with that one particular channel.  Make sure you restart your modem/router even if your other devices are working.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Nieuwy
Level 8

I can add other channels. The only other one I've had trouble with is Prime Video.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Nieuwy wrote:

I can add other channels. The only other one I've had trouble with is Prime Video.

Looking over this thread, I don't see where you gave your Roku model number. I'm wondering if you have an older device that isn't supported by Amazon or CBC.

Settings > System > About

We're looking for the Roku model number.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos