Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achordpoor
Reel Rookie

Error Code 403 keep appearing on ID Channel

Hi! When attempting to watch an "unlocked" episode on the Investigation Discovery (ID) streaming channel, I keep getting Error Code 403. All of my other channels seem to working fine. I've tried changing the privacy settings, restarting the device, and unplugging the modem. Internet connection is excellent. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Error Code 403 keep appearing on ID Channel

Hello @achordpoor

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
achordpoor
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much for responding. I will try this when I get home this evening. Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
DaniDave
Reel Rookie

Any luck with the "remove and reADD channel" advice? Im having similar problems with SCIgo Channel....I have tried this advice and still get error 403.  Will try separate post to see if there's other people in the same situ and maybe some new suggestions.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DaniDave,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? How long has the issue been occurring? In addition for troubleshooting steps for any playback issues, please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos