Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Erroneous HDCP Errors - Issue ID: 04-049-992

Jump to solution

Scenario: I am getting erroneous HDCP errors upon power up. These errors only happen when the device is launching YouTube TV (YTTV) upon powering up.

There are two ways to reproduce the error:
(1) Watching YTTV, power off, then power back on later. The system tries to bring you back to YTTV, but you get the HDCP error message screen instead.
(2) Also, I have programmed one of the function keys to launch YTTV. If I power the system off, then attempt to power it up directly into YTTV by pressing the function key, I get the HDCP error message.

In all other circumstances, the error is not reported. 

All equipment & cables support HDCP 2.2.  I get 4K and HDR just fine through my Roku device under all other circumstances & channels. 

(Although YTTV itself displays in 4K, YTTV does not appear to support HDR.  Not sure if this is related...)

Issue ID: 04-049-992

Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra
Serial #: YJ0073227404 (KWA057227404
Software version: 12.5.5 Build: 4174-46

Channel software version for YouTube TV: 2.22 Build: 110005580

Troubleshooting performed:
- I've done the normal cable removal/power recycle steps suggested on the HDCP error screen itself. No change in behavior.
- I've booted up using various other means, and under most, there is no error. Only when the YTTV app is launched at powerup.
- I've assigned a programmable key to another app (Netflix) and booted directly into Netflix - no HDCP issue.
- I've powered off & on under various scenarios (from the home screen, from within other apps, eg., Netflix), no HDCP issue.

Also discussed here:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Roku-4670x-HDCP-error-020-HDCP-2-3-supported/t...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Re: Erroneous HDCP Errors - Issue ID: 04-049-992

Jump to solution

FYI, I replaced the 4670 with the newer 4802r and the error went away.

So, yes, this is in fact a problem with the 4670x.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@shawnb-

If your Roku has a "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" setting, try disabling it. 

More info on this setting:  https://support.roku.com/article/6306527767575 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@makaiguy-

Thanks for the response!

There is no such setting on the 4670x, though...

Shawn

0 Kudos
shawnb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FYI, I replaced the 4670 with the newer 4802r and the error went away.

So, yes, this is in fact a problem with the 4670x.

0 Kudos