Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lesl
Channel Surfer

Episode and season listings not available on AMC+

Unlike the direct channel subscription, once you start to watch a series you no longer can access seasons and episodes.

Is there a way around this or do I need to get the AMC+ channel directly.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Episode and season listings not available on AMC+

Hi @Lesl 

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your playback issues with the AMC+ channel. Help is here. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

• What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • Can you provide us with screenshots of your issue?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lesl
Channel Surfer

I’m using a Roku ultra LT

The problem only seems to exist on the AMC+ On the Roku channel.

None of my other channels are “Roku Channel” apps … they are native apps from the channels.

Here’s the problem

When you select a series you’ve never viewed before, you have the option for “All seasons”. “Save”. “Captions and audio track”.

As soon as you watch any episode, the seasons option disappears and you can only watch the series episodes in order with no access to episode descriptions or the ability to pick a particular episode.

0 Kudos
Lesl
Channel Surfer

I’m using a Roku ultra LT

The problem only seems to exist on the AMC+ On the Roku channel.

None of my other channels are “Roku Channel” apps … they are native apps from the channels.

Here’s the problem

When you select a series you’ve never viewed before, you have the option for “All seasons”. “Save”. “Captions and audio track”.

As soon as you watch any episode, the seasons option disappears and you can only watch the series episodes in order with no access to episode descriptions or the ability to pick a particular episode.

After experimenting with the same series in multiple categories, it seems the problem is only an issue under the continue watching category.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for following up, Lesl!

Have you tried reinstalling the channel, making sure to restart your device before adding it back, to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur? If not, then let's start from there.

Refer to the guided steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If still no luck! We suggest reaching out directly to the channel support team about this issue to see what they can suggest and how they can help you out. You can contact them here.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos