Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackspit8

Endless repeat of the same commercials

Why do you insist on playing the same commercials over and over? Because of these commercials, I would never watch the shows you are advertising! Makes it kind of pointless it doesn't it?

8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Endless repeat of the same commercials

Hi @jackspit8 ,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We understand that you are inquiring about the ads on your Roku device. We'd like to know more about how we can help and like to gather more details.

• What channel are you trying to load this content from?
  • Could you provide an example of an ad title in which you experience this issue?
  • Does this happen on all movies/shows or just specific titles?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing

We look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences with the ad. Your feedback helps us continue to improve.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joe431
Channel Surfer

She pleads ignorance with the standard reply, seriously? I know exactly what you are talking about. I decided to stop watching the station because the commercials will drive you nuts. I went through a period where I was able to just ignore them but lately has become beyond intolerable with the Emeril, Kevin Hart, Jessica Alba OVER AND OVER every 5 minutes. I know every word an music of all those commercials because they are played ad nauseum 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Joe431!

We sincerely regret to hear about the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

For us to further assess your concern, we'd like to know on which specific app you have observed this behavior. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Unicorn13
Reel Rookie

Hopefully you can stop the endless repeat of the same ads for each commercial break, often also repeated WITHIN the same break. It's very annoying and I usually mute the whole break every time. As another commenter posted, this defeats the purpose of the ads, because I'm tuned out completely. 

On all Live Roku channels, no matter what show or movie is playing, these ads repeat ad nauseum since at least December 2023: Emeril Cooks, Die Hart 2, Jessica Alba Honest Renovations, Marriage Pact, Morimoto's Sushi Master, Weird Al Yancovic Story, The Log Masters, UFO Cowboys, and Martha Stewart. 

Steps to reproduce the issue: Turn on Roku device, navigate to Live TV app, select any channel, and observe repeated ads that have become annoying due to their excessive repetition. 

Tags (2)
Joe431
Channel Surfer

Roku customer service assigned a complaint number to my e-mail and said they would get back to me on this but they never did. I have received no feedback. As a matter of fact they are ignoring me. I played a game and kept asking for feedback on this complaint every other day for a few weeks but no reply. They just outright ignore it. They really don’t care what you or I think. 

tomwhite
Reel Rookie

Another canned cookie-cutter response from Roku.

Did we really expect more?

Unicorn13
Reel Rookie

Yeah, not surprised. It's their loss, though, because I'm not watching those silly shows they repeatedly advertise. 

0 Kudos
Joe431
Channel Surfer

Funny you frame it that way, my thoughts exactly. I will never watch Weird Al, Marriage Pact, Emerill, Martha Stewart, Kevin Hart, Lincoln Logs, Jessica Albany houseover 😂 

0 Kudos