Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerbear54521
Reel Rookie

Email/password error signing in to fox nation

I cannot sign in to Fox Nation.  I click the Fox Nation on the Roku Screen...not Roku live channels...and it takes me to a password screen.  Since I have no idea what the password is, I click Forgot Password to change it.  I get the email to confirm that its me that wants  to change it.  Confirmation received of the change...still no sign in.

It just auto-renewed...I hate to think i just "donated" 64.99 to Fox News.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: email/password error signing in to fox nation

Hi @Jerbear54521

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Fox Nation support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can contact them here: https://help.fox.com/s/support-form

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
kreansanm

I moved in to a place that has Roku but it's not my account. A lot of the apps ask you to sign in with a verification code or some other confirmation. The problem is, we have no idea where the confirmation codes are being sent. I told him it's probably a Roku email provided to him or his phone number, but he doesn't receive a text. What about a Roku app? Is that how it's done?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@kreansanm, I think the answer to this is, "it depends".  You can see what email address is associated with the Roku account by going to Settings->System->About.  There is no phone number associated with a Roku account and I don't believe Roku ever sends text messages (but scammers do).  However, different channels/apps use different methods to authenticate.  You can subscribe to some service using an email address that's different than the one associated with the Roku account.  In general, if you're being asked to authenticate or sign-in to something it's because you've established (or it's asking you to establish) an account directly with the provider.  It's really not any different than signing into something on a web browser.  If prompted for an email address to sign in you will/should be given the choice of using the email address that's associated with the Roku device or entering a different one.  If you use the wrong one I could see how you'll never receive any response.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos