Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
explor202
Level 9

Easy Show says it's inactive?

I've been on vacation for a few days, and came back to 2 different Roku Ultra's saying Easy Show is inactive and that I need to purchase it in order to use it (I paid for it over a year ago). When I follow the purchase link, it takes me to the list of channel options, one of which is to go to the channel. When I click that link, it takes me back to where it says I need to purchase it. Has anyone else run into this?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
R0KUdude607
Level 7

Re: Easy Show says it's inactive?

Same for me with ip camera viewer

0 Kudos
R0KUdude607
Level 7

Hmmm. I just used the * key on the app icon and selected “check for updates”. It did and didn’t find any but then when I tried to launch it, it worked.  

I also had emailed roku support 30 minutes beforehand but I doubt they could have fixed anything that quickly. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's a known problem with one-time purchase channels, but it should be resolved by now.  If a channel you purchased isn't working I'd suggest checking for updates and restarting your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
explor202
Level 9

Still not working for me. Checked for updates and restarted both Ultra's. They and the site still show I don't own the channel and prompt me to pay for it again.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Does it show up under your purchases at https://my.roku.com/account/purchases ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
explor202
Level 9

Yup, dated 07/02/2020.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@explor202

Thanks for the post.

Did you ever remove the channel from your Roku devices?

If you need further assistance with account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
explor202
Level 9

Yes, I did remove the channel then tried to add it again. It still says I need to pay for it a 2nd time in order to add it. I've also sent an email to support about this issue but have heard nothing in return.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @explor202

Thanks for the post.

It looks like our Support team has reached out to you. If you haven't received our contact, we would recommend checking your email Spam folder as sometimes our contact can be found here.

We would recommend continuing to work with our Support team if you need further assistance as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos