Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcorey1636

ESPN Plus 'Media Not Allowed'

We have the same problem.  When Spectrum blocked ESPN/Disney from cable service due to the dispute.  We were able to watch via out Roku device via internet connection and ESPN app on Roku.  However in just the past few days that is now blocked too since spectrum is our internet provider.  I question whether it is legal for Spectrum to block access to the ESPN app via internet connection. It is not cable service. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Trevor_Bartram
Streaming Star

ESPN Plus 'Media Not Allowed'

ESPN has degraded over the years on Spectrum. My sport is tennis & we had it good for many years. This year I subscribed to ESPN+ for the US Open, during the first week I watched many matches, the second week hardly any but surprise, surprise this morning the semi-finals are available!

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN Plus 'Media Not Allowed'

@lcorey1636 

I would think it’s ESPN that’s blocking it, not Spectrum.  Ie: Spectrum and ESPN are having a dispute (which is always about money), so ESPN withholds content, and Spectrum withholds money.  But you find you can sneak past by using ESPN on your Roku (which you authorized via your Spectrum account – which isn’t paying currently.)  But now, ESPN has caught up with that and is blocking you that way as well.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos