Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theomjac
Reel Rookie

Re: ESPN Plus 'Media Not Allowed'

Jump to solution

My solution was logging out of the cable provider in the app and logging back in.

0 Kudos
Trevor_Bartram
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Tried that many times and it didn't work so I dropped my ESPN Plus subscription after a month in 2019.

It hasn't been necessary for this 2020 U.S. Open, I've only only been selecting matches from the regular On Demand section and I've not had any Media Not Allowed messages, except for the men's final this morning. I'll try again in a few days or watch highlights on YT.

Perhaps it's because Spectrum is a major sponsor of the Open and have re-negotiated their contract with ESPN, whatever, I've given trying to understand it and I'm a happy Spectrum customer.

0 Kudos
jnye74

Jump to solution

This doesn’t make any sense. Link ESPN app with a cable box? I can easily log in with my ESPN app on iOS iPhone 8 with my Spectrum credentials. Yet I cannot use the same log in on the Roku TV ESPN app? Who needs to know about this? ESPN? Roku? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

ESPN

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
djnav4

Jump to solution

I have Comcast Xfinity and I subscribe to ESPN and the sports package. I use to get First Take on my Roku app now its says not allowed, What do I have to do to get it back I tried paying for the ESPN Plus but it was not included 

0 Kudos
BamaCop34

Jump to solution

I was having the "Media not allowed" issue. It was primarily with the ESPN app. I reached out to ESPN and after conversing with several representatives, A representative named D'Arcy contacted me back with the solution. The Problem is with the Roku device and when the device is reset the problem was corrected. Here is how she explained the process to me; 

1. Sign out of Hulu in the ESPN app.  ('Settings'  >  'Account Info' > 'TV Provider')
  2. Clear the cache on both Roku devices.  To do this, go to the Roku home screen, then select the 'home' menu option.  Then using your Roku remote:
  3. Press the HOME button 5 times.
  4. Press the UP button.
  5. Press the REWIND button twice.
  6. Press the FAST FORWARD button twice.
  7. After 15-30 seconds, your Roku device will automatically restart.  When it does, re-open the ESPN app and:
  8. Sign back in to your ESPN account and Hulu TV Provider.  You may be required to enter an activation code on another device.  

When I completed the process my remote did not work so I had to reset and pair the remote to my TV by pressing the reset button that is located below the batteries on the back of the remote.

0 Kudos
maysb44

Jump to solution

In the ESPN app, I went to Settings and logged out of my TV provider (DIRECTV), and logged back in. Activated ESPN again. Now it lets me watch my game!

maitreg

Jump to solution

I get this error with the ESPN app on both of my Rokus at least every other day. 90% of the time, if I deactivate the app from my satellite provider, then re-activate it, it'll fix it.

But to be honest, I get similar errors for about half of the Roku channels on a regular basis. The Fox News Roku channel is the absolute worst. It seems to lose my activation exactly every 2 days, and I have to re-activate it. Most of the time the Fox News app will pop up this bizarre error message about my cable Internet provider not offering that content, even though that's not who I ever activate it through.

I thought it was just poor programming in the Fox News app, but I get deactivated from other apps frequently, so I think it's just a flaw in the Roku technology.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @maitreg
Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Did you restart your Roku before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we suggest giving it a shot once again.

We also recommend restarting the soundbar from the Settings menu by navigating to (Settings > System > System restart > Restart).

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Media not allowed 

0027:The E-token is corrupted 

Paying for esuxpn + yet can't watch on roku stick on TV 

Dunno. Works fine on Samsung 10e phone. Wassup?

0 Kudos