Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vin1
Reel Rookie

ESPN- Location not allowed

This is a Roku issue.  I can get ESPN app to open with the Amazon streaming devices.  Plus ROKU used to work on the older Roku Devices. However, when I updated the software, ESPN stopped working saying location not allowed.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: ESPN- Location not allowed

Hi @vin1

Thanks for your post. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, we suggest you contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Keef_gtp

I've been having the same issue for a week or two with my ESPN app on all my Roku devices. It's very specific to my Roku TVs, all my other devices work fine, and it's specific to wifi, as the app and TV work fine connected to a mobile hotspot.

ESPN support showed me that the app works on my mobile hotspot but not on my wifi. Spectrum support did a deep dive and found zero wifi issues, plus all my other apps including Spectrum TV (location-based) work fine. My only other ideas are that the Roku software is feeding the app bad information, or that the TCL hardware is bad.

0 Kudos
volocyty

I assume you are not holding your breath for a ROKU solution.

The real problem is trying to reach someone at ESPN to assist.

0 Kudos