Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Don't watch the FreeVee channel on Roku

Hi @Chris_CK

Thanks for reaching out. 

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've experienced with the FreeVee channel not having a "remove" button. For clarification, are you unable to remove the channel on your Roku device? If that's the case, we recommend you try to restart your device and try again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System  > System restart.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Keep us posted. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Chris_CK
Reel Rookie

I can remove the channel, using the [*] button.  What we can 'remove' is any programming on the 'continue watching' list.  As for calling the 'channel provider', or Amazon in this case, REALLY????  This is the year 2023; getting support for a free channel, outside of FAQs, which specific app deficiencies are not listed, is unreasonable to dream about. 

So by not logging in, the app sees me as a new user, and only programs in progress are hence put on my 'continue watching' list.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chris_CK 

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tb542
Binge Watcher

Thank You!!!  I'm working on clearing out that bleeping Continue Watching list now and so far, I've been able to get rid of most of the ones I want gone. I got that freaking Judge Judy off my screen - finally!  There were a couple of series that I did go into each episode and clear it so that takes a little more time but it is soooo worth it!  Thank you for posting on here as the Moderators are worthless on 99% of the problems us consumers wind up with.

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

Hello freevee watcher,  I would like to know if you have found the solution to the problem that it always to go back to freevee home screen after watching the last episode of the series, this happened to me. 

Remove and reinstall the freevee app solve the problem and it stay back again after watching many series of episodes. This maybe true if the memory cache in the roku device is small. 

Share me your findings... thanks.

edroksense

0 Kudos
bjedrick
Streaming Star

You have to free up any episodes already watched (there will be a yellow bar under those.  Here is the solution someone else gave me earlier, and this worked.

On the Continue watching list, select the movie you want to remove. Click on the "Watch from beginning" button. As soon as the opening ad starts, click the back button on your Roku remote.  You should be back on the movie's description page, but now with the "Watch from beginning" button gone.  Your movie should be removed from the Continue watching list now.

You can also click the back button right before the opening ad starts, when the spinning icon shows up, but make sure when the title of the movie is displayed on the top left corner of your tv screen.  This is slightly faster than waiting for the ad to start up.

For serials it's a bit of a pain since you would have to do the same as above for every episode you've watched.  Once all the episodes have been marked unwatched, the entire serial should be removed from the Continue watching list.

Candysays
Channel Surfer

Thank you Rick,just tried it and it works 

0 Kudos
LarryB21

To remove movies from the continue watching list  1. select the movie 2. select watch from begining 3. when the ad starts playing select back button all the way back to continue watching list, the listing should be gone for that movie. For series that doesn't work .

0 Kudos