Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silk5555

Don’t waste money on any roku products

If you are thinking about buying a roku product don’t. Their products are complete junk and a absolute waste of money. Save your money and time. It’s not worth the headache. I have had nothing but problems with mine. I will do better research next time and buy something that actually works. 90% of the time it won’t connect to the internet. It is the only thing I own that has this problem. The picture sucks and is complete trash on my 4K tv. **bleep** you roku. Thanks for wasting my money and time!!!!

14 REPLIES 14
Dmains

Re: Don’t waste money on any roku products

Wow. I have two and have been using the Roku service for at least 7 years…never had one issue. I subscribe to many channels and have no issues at all. Looks great on my 4K tv. All four of my children have at least one roku in their homes and love it. In fact my eldest just had a tv broken by a child and they made the effort to get a tv with roku built in. I’m sorry you’re having a bad experience!

Ayehate-Roeku
Channel Surfer

Same for me.  I feel like a **bleep** for buying a replacement when the first Roku device I bought stopped working after a couple months.  The new one didn't last 5 minutes (no exaggeration).

Ayehate-Roeku
Channel Surfer

Roku bleeped the work ?!  I was describing how I felt like bleep buying their device and they bleeping bleeped it?!  Is this company run by 5 year old?  Judging from the quality it appears so.

AndrewLB
Channel Surfer

Why would you buy a new Roku device if it died in a few months when it’s under warranty? Seems to me that you’re just lying. 

as for the OP, you probably got poor picture and signal because your Roku was too far from the router and was connecting on 2.4ghz which has very low bandwidth compared to 5ghz. 5ghz doesn’t do well if it has to go through multiple walls and needs to be in the same room typically to get full 5ghz bandwidth. So essentially your complaints were not due to the Roku, but your own poor understanding of the tech. 

spiritof72

my Roku will not find device. After a year of being in the same spot then it decides not to find it anymore. I bought a fire stick. works beautifully.  tried to plug Roku back in to watch weird and guess what.... no connection. plug in to my bedroom which is just a few feet away from router  doesn't find it there either. I use Chromecast here and it works perfectly. 

My Roku tv only lasted 3 mothers before the screen went out complete junk. Shame on them

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Babysteph13, Roku doesn't make TVs.  Blame the manufacturer - TCL, onn, Hisense, etc.  Not to mention, have you looked into the warranty you got with that TV?  Again, not a Roku problem.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pboyer53
Reel Rookie

I just bought one also because i read online that you could watch local channels, seams that this is bull unless you have a roku tv with an antenna connected. thats what i have without the roku. they can stick this garbage where the sun dont shine.

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I had 2 Roku TVs with an antenna connected and it was an awesome way to get local channels without having to pay for cable or live TV streaming service until I went with Verizon fios TV again.