Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James2912
Channel Surfer

Re: Does the Roku Spotify app support video streaming on my Roku device?

Jump to solution

I found a work around you have to project it to your tv from your computer. You basically set up your tv as a wireless second monitor for your screen. In settings click on connect to wireless display. 

0 Kudos
marcquad
Channel Surfer

Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

What about if you want to watch it from your phone or your tablet or iPad or iPhone?

That only works with a computer, right? Just making sure. 

I got that to work too, thanks!

0 Kudos
T18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i dont think the spotify app plays videos

Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The roku app definitely doesn't support video for now anyway. If u wanna watch a newly released podcast search for it on Youtube at least one or two ppl will put it up but they usually get taken down eventually its better than nothing for now

ExCostumer

Jump to solution

As if Roku was the only service out there... Guess what my next "smart tv" thing won't be. And if Roku is not the problem. byebye Spotify, been paying you guys for years, you guys aint the only music service out there either.

0 Kudos
ExCostumer

Jump to solution

LOL

No.

0 Kudos
dcm19841
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also tried that, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work either. Can't connect to any of my devices via cast. Makes tons of sense to have them be google and alexa capable, but have built in settings for homekit. The LEAST USED PLATFORM. I'm have many roku devices. I don't mind a few things here or there not working as expected. But the list keeps growing or is disappointing (even if it isn't their fault ex: HBO max) fact is, the customer is never a concern anymore. These are your options. Tomorrow they change. This is what you get now. Enjoy. 

No questions asked. Tired of having to troubleshoot products and get on with tech support. Things shoud just work. We don't have time to call tech support every time something doesn't work as inteded. Make reliable products. Bottom line

0 Kudos
hamada

Jump to solution

It's spotify's fault, this is also happening on google chromecasts and smart tvs.  this issue is raised on their support site for months and still active.. still no updates or solutions from spotify...

but if you have an android phone and a chromecast , you can cast your screen to the chromecast, then just open the android spotify app...

or like james suggested which what I'm currently doing, you can connect your smart tv or even your roku as a wireless display on your laptop or desktop (desktops need to have built-in wifi or a wifi adapter), windows or mac.. and open the spotify app if you have it installed, or just use their web app through a web browser. 

0 Kudos
Duck05
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My iPad video works but if I try to cast to either a Roku or my older Apple TV unit the video does not work.   Have not tried (why bother) to use this on the iPhone since the screen is too small.

I echo the frustration with this move to Spotify losing the video for the followers. My bet is only Rogan can push to fix this so we have to bombard his site....

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos