Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to remove ads that are on the right hand on the main page?

I never watch horror movies and mainly is the kids that watch tv but it keeps suggestion movies with very scary poster or monsters. Can I turn off suggestions in the main page or make my preferences clear so scary images don't show up anymore? Some one help please

8 REPLIES 8
brycdavis

Re: Does anyone know how to remove ads that are on the right hand on the main page?

I'd also like to know how to do this.  Tonight my 4 year old had to see the image of Ethan hawke with a mask on for that stupid ass show the black phone thanks Roku for forever traumatizing my toddler.  F*** you

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Does anyone know how to remove ads that are on the right hand on the main page?

I do not think there is any way to disable it.  However, I’m going to have to tag @Hector-Roku@Alex-Roku and @RokuTannerD, so that one of them can explain to you more about this.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
Topeth
Reel Rookie

Agree. We already paid for the tv and have to see the ads but my children having nightmares means I will quit using the service.

0 Kudos
Topeth
Reel Rookie

Agree. We already paid for the tv and have to see the ads but my children having nightmares means I will quit using the service.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Topeth  do you own a stand-alone Roku device or a RokuTV set?  And what is the model number?  I have the Express+ 3910 from 2017/2018.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Tcampbs

I’m not a kid and I also hate seeing scary movie ads! I am super sensitive to scary stuff and seeing that Ethan Hawke ad freaked me out! Wtf Roku?! If you’re going to force us to see ads on our home screen, at least make sure they are not triggering or terrifying! If there is a way to get this ad off, please let us know!

0 Kudos
Topeth
Reel Rookie

It is Roku smart tv. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Topeth & @Tcampbs, thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. We see the issue is the scary movie ad on the home screen, and we understand that this can be concerning or uncomfortable. While there is no way to remove or change the preferences for ads, we can work together to collect more information on the events. We want to ask for the dates and time of day you noticed the ad.  Was it around the time of your posts on Saturday? Please let us know!

0 Kudos