Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MARtvuser
Reel Rookie

Disney plus - someone else is logged in

For the second time, someone else's Disney + account is logged in on my TV, and I cannot log it out.  Last time, the solution was to add a profile on there as an "under 14/jr" user and then log out.  This time, I cannot even do that because it requires a password.  

I have already:

spoke with Disney+ support and removed the app and rebooted the TV

logged in to Roku on my laptop and removed my old devices

logged in to Roku and ALSO removed my current TV, then rebooted again.

Logged back in to my current TV...still the same issue.  I am so frustrated.  Help/advice?  I don't want to do it but my next step is probably a factory reset, but I'm not even sure if that will fix it.
Someone else’s Disney plus account stuck in my Roku   

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
MARtvuser
Reel Rookie

Re: Someone else’s Disney plus account stuck in my Roku

This is the second time this has happened to me as well.  And as was suggested on another board, create a new under 14 junior profile on the imposter acct, then log out from there.  That worked for me last time this happened.  This time, it's password protected and I don't even have that option.  I went in and removed old devices AND my current TV, just in case, on my Roku acct, then re-added my current TV, and it's still there.  Aside from a factory reset on the TV or being weird and emailing the mystery email address attached to the currently logged in account, I am at a loss.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney plus - someone else is logged in

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @MARtvuser!

It is highly appreciated that you have brought this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to address your concern about accessing the Disney Plus channel on your Roku player.

Firstly, we'd like to inform you that channel authentication or Account login issues should be directly raised to the channel provider themselves which in this case, Disney Plus' customer support as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku Streaming platform. 

They can help you access your account successfully and remove the unrecognized existing account on their channel. 

Furthermore, please be also aware that we don't recommend factory resetting your Roku player at this moment as this will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions again. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
MARtvuser
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your note.  I actually did speak with Disney Plus customer service first, and there is no unauthorized use or other email addresses on my account, they did all they could in their end, and then directed me to Roku support.  I can sign in to my Disney plus acct on every device but the Roku TV without issue.  The email address logged in to that app on my TV app is not mine, and it’s completely password protected, so I can’t log out of it.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MARtvuser,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Disney Plus channel. May we know what kind of Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify) Could you send us a video clip of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AZKev
Channel Surfer

I wonder if this has to do with Roku getting hacked?

Thousands of Roku accounts hacked in credential stuffing attack 

0 Kudos