Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ88
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

Danny, no matter how often you repeat the company line it is clear that none of the suggested fixes from Roku or Disney+ will fix this problem.  The technicians of TCL/Roku and Disney+ need to be talking to each other and come up with a fix (probably a new update) to allow those of us with TCL/Roku to return to watching Disney+.  Please notify this community when this happens.  Thanks.

Greyfox316

Re: Disney plus "an unexpected problem(but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

Been having the same issue for the last couple of days. Tried everything and nothing has worked. Started happening with the new roku update. Called Disney plus customer service and they were stumped. Its been very frustrating since Disney says call Roku and Roku says calls Disney but what they need to do is communicate with each other to get this issue resolved. 

Soltman85

Add me to the New TCL 65” TV that won’t play Disney Plus movies all of the sudden. But on older TCL Roku tv it plays fine. I suspect Roku is the culprit, not Disney. Update has created problems. Please fix. I did the pointless troubleshooting steps that of course wasted all of our time. 

Nflugel1984
Reel Rookie

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?? Same issue Tcl series 5 qled.

MunchkinPekoe
Reel Rookie

Hopefully the techs are working over time to get this solved.  It sucks having some shows not loading on Disney+.  ( TCL/Roku 65S535-CA)

Geary
Reel Rookie

My new 65 in series 5 has the same problems. I have done everything recommended and even signed in to a different account and still the problem. I have a Roku sound bar and puck which works fine when hooked to this tv.   

Nflugel1984
Reel Rookie

4k firesticks are discounted on Amazon right now.  Ordered last night, going to use that until Roku, Disney, or TCL fixes the issue. 

FredRoc
Channel Surfer

I received responses from both Roku and Disney+ after daily posts on FB and Tweets on Twitter. Today, I forced the system to update and reboot. All movies are back to functioning on Disney+. I recommend doing the same if you are still having this issue. See if that works. If not, go on Social Media and message Roku, Dinseney+ and TCL. It does get them aware of negative publicity outcomes by failing to respond to users.

AJ88
Reel Rookie

Beautiful Fred. It works!!!  I was on Facebook and had multiple calls to Roku and Disney+.  Even was promised a call back from Disney+ management. (Still waiting)  Persistence paid off. Power to the people. Thanks to all!

Ryan78
Reel Rookie

Up & running again.  👍

0 Kudos