Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LibraMom929
Binge Watcher

Disney plus not working on any Roku- have upgraded to a Roku ultra lt and still

Disney plus hasn’t been working since the end of October roughly. I have talked to Disney plus tech support, done all the things to try and resolve the issue and it ended in a “we’ll see what we can do to fix it” here we are three weeks later. Is this a Roku problem or a Disney problem? I need to know who to talk to. Disney is working fine on all my other devices besides any Roku device. What do I gotta do to get my Disney plus app to work on my Roku?! 

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ not working on any Roku- have upgraded to a Roku ultra lt and still

All I can tell you is Disney+ works on all my installed Rokus here, the oldest being a Streaming Stick 3600 from 2016.

In your case, what does "not working" mean?  Does it not load at all?  Does it load but then immediately return you to the Roku home page?  Does it load and show you available program choices, but then can't run your choice?  Something else?

Disney recently discontinued support for some older Roku devices, the newest being the Roku 4, on all Disney owned channels. 

Disney-compatible Roku models listed below. (Data current as of 27 Nov, 2023. See reference below for updates.)

You can check your model and model number via Roku menu path Settings > System > About

Supported Roku models:

Roku 2 (4210X)
Roku 3
Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X), Stick+, 4K, 4K+
Roku Express, Express+, 4K, 4K+
Roku Premiere, Premiere+
Roku Ultra, Ultra LT
Roku Smart Speaker
Roku TV, 2K, 4K, 8K

(Reference: https://help.disneyplus.com/article/disneyplus-roku-devices)

Note: If you add Disney+ to your Roku account on https:/my.roku.com it will only install on supported Roku models. On unsupported Roku models, Disney+ will not be listed in the Streaming Store found from the Roku home screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
LibraMom929
Binge Watcher

Yes that’s what the Disney+ support told me. Which our old one was infact one that was getting discontinued but we went out and bought brand new ultra lt one and it still is not working.. 

0 Kudos
LibraMom929
Binge Watcher

Also it goes to the Disney load screen the blue screen with the Disney logo, then goes to a black screen with the logo in the corner. No option to log in or anything. Only option is to go back to the Roku home. 

AliceInBlue89
Reel Rookie

Me and my sister have the same issue as well as some other friends across 6 different states. All different rokus m. It works fine on other platforms. Vizio smart TVs, computers phone just not roku. 

0 Kudos
LibraMom929
Binge Watcher

Yes works on everything else for me too just not any Roku. We literally went out and bought brand new ones cuz the lady at Disney plus told us we had too old ones. They also tried telling me it was an isolated incident to just me, so I had one of my friends try hers and same thing. I would definitely call Disney plus and complain maybe the more people that complain the more opt they will be to fix it?

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Disney plus works fine on my Sharp tv and my two westinghouse tvs. Disney plus also works fine on my sound bar pro.

0 Kudos
LibraMom929
Binge Watcher

Ya I think it’s a Roku issue with their plug ins maybe? I don’t have a Roku tv I have the ultra lt that plus into ur hdmi port. Before that I had the one that Disney plus took off their list. So makes sense that one didn’t work but the ones I have now are approved. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

One of my devices is a Roku streambar pro that is like a Roku ultra but it is wifi only.

0 Kudos
LibraMom929
Binge Watcher

Weird. I dunno I’m going to have to call someone I guess again to see wth is going on. 

0 Kudos