Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nraygun
Channel Surfer

Disney pixelated text in menus

My Sony XR-75X90K that had a recent firmware update displays the text in the menus of the Disney app pixelated. I haven't noticed this until recently. The Roku Ultra, at latest firmware, is running through a Sony STR-DH590.

The Roku is set to 4K 60fps (not auto).

How can I get the text to be clear again?

2023-07-16 22.42.35 4081 small.jpg

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney pixelated text in menus

Hi @nraygun,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We hear that you're experiencing a behavior of pixelated display on the Disney channel. Let's have a workaround for this. Kindly follow these troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

After performing these troubleshooting steps, kindly check if you notice any difference. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nraygun
Channel Surfer

I gave that a try and I still get pixelated text. The video seems to be OK.

I also noticed that the app icons on the home page are a little distorted. See attached for examples.

It's a little hard to see in the pictures, but the bottom of the R in Roku is jagged as well as the D in Disney and the bottom of the X in Xfinity.

I also tried connecting the Ultra directly to the TV and I still get the same results. The Roku menus and the menus in each app are pixelated.

2023-07-17_15-38.png2023-07-17_15-39.png2023-07-17_15-40.png

0 Kudos
nraygun
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi - Please provide an update.

0 Kudos
nraygun
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi - Please provide an update.

0 Kudos
nraygun
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi 

I reset the Roku Ultra to factory defaults and that seems to have solved the problem.

Pretty disappointed in Roku support. Communication just stopped after the first response despite my attempts to continue with solving the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nraygun,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved by attempting to reset your device. We truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused; this is not what we aim for.

If you still have other issues or inquiries you'd like us to address, feel free to let us know, and we will be more than happy to help.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos