Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSLH
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

That's awful! Highway robbery at best!

0 Kudos
Flemingkk

Jump to solution

As of today 3.11.23 I am still receiving this same error message. I signed up for Disney plus with ads through the Hulu add on. As advertised by HULU. When singing into the Disney app on my Roku TV, it says it's not supported. Which sucks because now I pay for it but can't use it yet and it appears to have been this way for months, but who knew that already? 

not me lol I found out by finding this thread. 

0 Kudos
askoufos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Right?! Same 

0 Kudos
BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I wrote about this the day after the Basic Disney with ads started and wrongly assumed it would be fixed within a day or two.   I tried to warn others on FaceBook about it but many were unaware till their current subscription ran out.  There was and is absolutely no warning when you add this Disney Plus Basic with ads subscription which to me was unscrupulous.  Ironically, we were getting Disney Plus without ads through Hulu for just $3 a month before December 8th. I had stupidly switched to Basic to save a stinking dollar on 12/8.

I decided to unsub from Basic Disney even though we do have a Chromecast because there is no excuse  for not warning customers and no excuse for not righting this wrong.    

0 Kudos
Tabatha2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Its now almost the end of march now and these 2 companies can not or will not take this issue seriously. They will however take your money!!!! Despicable. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There is no timeframe for these types of negotiations. I have seen them last 12 months or more. We have no idea if Roku or Disney is the one holding out. My guess is Disney, since they seem to be a company that wants every last dime they can get out of their customers. But it's only a guess. Disney's reputation is going downhill, not only for their streaming services but their parks as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mikeb704
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Had an online chat with a Disney rep yesterday. She told me some Roku devices work with Disney Plus with Ads. I asked which ones and she couldn’t provide any. Since I’m a Hulu, ESPN, and Disney subscriber, the monthly bill would go up $13 to access Disney Plus. Won’t do that. But I may bail on Hulu, etc. If only TCM were more widely available for streaming. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mikeb704 wrote:

If only TCM were more widely available for streaming. 

Unfortunately, in the streaming world there is no single streaming device that "does it all". Every one of them has a limitation in some way, and this includes the Shield and Dune devices that sell for more than $200. Most of us have multiple devices for this reason, so when issues like this occur another device can pick up the slack. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Spearce
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We are TCM super fans as well.  I feel your pain. 

Jump to solution

Until a couple of days ago I was able to access Disney+ with ads on my Roku. When I found out it was no longer available, I cancelled my Disney+. Unfortunately, that is the day they (Disney) took my monthly payment. 😞

0 Kudos