Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mezoriss

Disney Plus Hotstar Malaysia

Jump to solution

Hey I am currently in Malaysia and I just recently got a Roku tv stick. They do not have Disney plus here in Malaysia. They do, however, have Disney Plus Hotstar. I was wondering if this app is available for me to download and if not, is there a way to add this additional app on my Roku tv. 

#Disney #DisneyHotstar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus Hotstar Malaysia

Jump to solution

When I look in the Roku channel store, I can find no channel with the name Hotstar. Of course, it's possible it's available somewhere other than where I'm located (in the US). But if you can't find it in the channel store from your location, there is no way to add it to your Roku. 

Roku devices are not like many Android based devices that allow sideloading unofficial channels. Each channel must be made available through the official channel store, and the channel provider is the only one that can authorize where it is available. In this case, only Disney can make their channel available in your location. Since Malaysia isn't a country officially supported by Roku, it's unlikely Disney will make their Roku channel available there. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus Hotstar Malaysia

Jump to solution

When I look in the Roku channel store, I can find no channel with the name Hotstar. Of course, it's possible it's available somewhere other than where I'm located (in the US). But if you can't find it in the channel store from your location, there is no way to add it to your Roku. 

Roku devices are not like many Android based devices that allow sideloading unofficial channels. Each channel must be made available through the official channel store, and the channel provider is the only one that can authorize where it is available. In this case, only Disney can make their channel available in your location. Since Malaysia isn't a country officially supported by Roku, it's unlikely Disney will make their Roku channel available there. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos