Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hanbanan
Reel Rookie

Disney+ Not streaming correctly

Hi! 
My Disney+ has randomly decided it is in a different region (ex. I think it thinks I’m in the states when I’m in Canada)! Specifically I was watching White Collar and it no longer appears. It still shows up on my phone/laptop. When I search White Collar on the Roku app, it shows on Disney+ and when I click on it to take me to Disney+ on my TV is tells me the show is not available in my region. 
I haven’t changed any settings, I just clicked on it one day and that’s what how it showed up. Nothing else is showing like it’s streaming from the states (Netflix/Prime/Crave). 
I tried resetting my wifi. Logging out and logging back in. A system reset. I haven’t tried a factory reset, but will if that’s my only option. I’m also about to try deleting the app and re-downloading it. 
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it. Disney+ in Canada had quite a few more show options so I’d like to get it back! 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Disney+ Not streaming correctly

It's probably not a Roku specific problem. Many services use your IP address to attempt to geolocate you. That information is not always accurate. Your IP address may have changed to something it thinks is in the US.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @hanbanan

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you checked other contents within Disney+ if the same issue occurs? 

Also, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hanbanan
Reel Rookie

Hi! 
Thanks for the reply. I only used White Collar as an example. There are a lot of shows missing from Disney+ and it’s lacking the STAR streaming channel. So the issue is for the app as a whole and not just the show. 

I did try deleting it and installing it again. As well as the system reset after deleting. And I tried a factory reset. I’m still having the same issue.

just to note, again. This is a Disney+ app issue. I’m not having issues with any of my other streaming services

0 Kudos
hanbanan
Reel Rookie

Hi!

Thanks for your response. I’ll check the location of my IP address when I get home. But I think I mentioned above that I’m not having this issue with any of my other streaming services. They’re all correctly located in Canada. It’s just the Disney+ App that’s causing problems. 

I did try a factory reset. Reset my wifi. A system reset. And deleting/installing the app again. 

I agree that’s it’s probably not a Roku issue. But wondering if anyone has any insights as to why it would all of a sudden be doing this. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@hanbanan

Thanks for the reply and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue still occurs from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Disney+ Help Center | Support & FAQs

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I recently had one of my Roku's update to the new Roku OS 11.5. In Settings/System there is now an entry for Zip Code. Presumably to help out in issues like you may be having. Whether it will work or not is hard to tell.

0 Kudos