Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Discovery + plus won’t auto play to next episode.. freezes up and have to restart app

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Scott13
Level 7

Re: Discovery + plus won’t auto play to next episode.. freezes up and have to restart app

On my roku device this is the only channel that does not have the option to remove.

dh88
Level 7

No, that didn't clear the issue up. My wife and I have observed this problem on multiple Roku devices in our house. I think this is a bug in the Discovery+ channel...

TimR1
Level 8

Same problem here.  Tried restarts, removing, etc.  Nothing helps.  Must be a D+ app issue.

Ripken2131
Level 8

Whats really bad is that I could fix the problem with some simple code if I had access. It’s not rocket science...

TurtleyT
Level 7

Nope! Didn't clear the issue. Discovery plus needs to rename itself to Discovery Negative! Zero! Sucks! Constant issues with this dumb channel. First, the pausing and skipping dialogue, which still is not resolved! Then today, mine stopped autoplaying the next episode. Discovery plus owes everyone a free month or months until their bugs are outta the bush! Seriously, ridiculous!! 

gen61
Level 7

I’m glad I checked this forum. I’ve been having these issues as well. Tried all of the suggestions here to no avail. I just paid for my first month a couple of days ago, and just now canceled my subscription. The monthly price, while cheap, isn’t worth the headache. I already subscribe to Philo and can get most Discovery programming there — all I’m really missing is Discovery + Original Programming, and really it’s nothing special. 

wendi22
Level 7

same issue here also don't like that they don't have a continue watching spot when you first come into the app you have to literally go back through all your saved shows to find the one you were watching before I mean these are like common everyday things that are missing off an app that should have been first.  

Ripken2131
Level 8

The code is something like left right, left right, up down, up down, a, b, select start lmao😂 You guys tell Roku or Discovery to hire me I’ll have it fixed in a day.. otherwise they are going to keep losing subscribers.. it’s a simple code/kernel fix.. kudo me up and get me hired 

0 Kudos
TimR1
Level 8

I contacted Discovery and here's their response:

-------------------------

Sorry for the trouble! Our team is working hard to fix this issue. As we continue to troubleshoot, please provide the following details:

• TV system version
  • Does clearing cache provide a better experience?
  1. Log out of the discovery+ app on your Roku.
  2. Uninstall the discovery+ app from your Roku.
  3. Clear cache through your Roku.

a. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.
b. From the remote control, press the following buttons 
consecutively:
"Home” 5 times + “Up” + “Rewind” twice + “Fast Forward” twice.
c. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.

1. Install the discovery+ app.
  2. Launch the discovery+ app and sign in with your email and password.

As soon as an update is available, we will reply to this email. Thank you for your patience!

-----------------------------

Guess we'll have to wait and see.