Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blunn

Discovery Plus app crashing

Jump to solution

My Discovery Plus app stopped working on my Roku Premier . I have deleted the Discovery app several times , rebooted the Roku before , after reinstalling the Discovery app . I’m still seeing “something went wrong . Let’s try again “ Reload the app . The Roku is on the latest version 10.0.0.4209-91 . I have reset the Roku screensaver , video settings, etc , still has the same error . All my other apps are working great . 
any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery + app crashing

Jump to solution

Hi @Blunn

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Does the issue and error message only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If it's just on Discovery+, we recommend reaching out to Discovery+ Customer Support to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Blunn

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Does the issue and error message only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If it's just on Discovery+, we recommend reaching out to Discovery+ Customer Support to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Working fine on all my devices. Might be Discovery needs to fix it. Have you tried their website?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Medic_Lynn

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Since the update.

I've tried everything, and now am working with discovery plus to fix it. But I think it's a roku thing because it works on my phone.

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Medic_Lynn wrote:

I've tried everything, and now am working with discovery plus to fix it. But I think it's a roku thing because it works on my phone.

Then it is specific to your Roku, which in no way suggests it's Roku's problem, because I am not experiencing that problem on my two TCL Roku TVs or my Roku Ultra 4670X

What Roku device[s] are you using?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Medic_Lynn

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Discovery+ or across other channels installed on your device? What's the model number of your Roku? It can be found in Settings > System > About. Please also provide us with the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My discovery+ is not loading either.  All other channels are.  I cannot find a way to talk to a representative of discovery+.  I am considering canceling it which is a shame because I like the channel

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Christinareevea

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
weezy

Re: Discovery Plus app crashing

Jump to solution

SAME ISSUE WITH MINE. SO PISSED! This happens constantly 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Discovery Plus app crashing

Jump to solution

@weezy

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator