Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEly
Channel Surfer

Discovery Plus Close Captioning stopped on all my Roku devices

Just happened today but the close captioning stopped only on our Discover Plus channel.

It works fine on all other channels. I have attempted to fix by turning it off and turning it back on again with no change.

23 REPLIES 23
LKW
Reel Rookie

Re: Discovery Plus Close Captioning stopped on all my Roku devices

I am have the same issue with Discovery +. 

@DEly wrote:

Just happened today but the close captioning stopped only on our Discover Plus channel.

It works fine on all other channels. I have attempted to fix by turning it off and turning it back on again with no change.

0 Kudos
LKW
Reel Rookie

@LKW wrote:

I am have the same issue with Discovery +. 

@DEly wrote:

I am having the same issue on my Smart TV, but it works on my android app. I have checked for software updates. Deleted and reinstalled discovery + on my TV turned closed captions on and off in Roku and discovery +. Nothing has worked. Hope to find a resolve.

0 Kudos
veridy99

I’m having the same issue it’s so frustrating 

0 Kudos
sstoenner
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue - how do we get support for a subscribed Roku channel issue??

DEly
Channel Surfer

It appears that it is intermittent as mine will work for a while, then it will stop.  There’s no pattern that can be observed.  It does not appear to be “show” specific either.

Very strange problem.

0 Kudos
iodine
Binge Watcher

In my experience it seems to vary depending on what I am watching. I have CC on all the time, but it only works with some programs. If I watch using in the app on my iPad CC seems to work all the time.

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem. Driving me crazy. Captions work on my computer and my Mom's Roku TV, but not on any of my Roku sticks.

MJD1949
Reel Rookie

I noticed this about a month or so ago. None of Discovery Plus new seasons had CC but if you go look at older seasons their CC works fine. I contacted Discovery last night and they infer it is some update Roku did. I don't think so because if it was the older shows CC wouldn't work.

0 Kudos

How do I update discovery plus on my roku tv? I don’t have closed captioning anymore

0 Kudos