Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sameolroad
Reel Rookie

Discovery Go not streaming

Jump to solution

Why is Discovery Go not streaming? It has a red key on the episodes, and gave me a code to enter. I entered it on Discovery Go and now it tells me "This content is available to viewers who receive Discovery as part of their pay TV subscription>"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Discovery Go not streaming

Jump to solution

@sameolroad 

Thanks for the post.

Discovery Go is an authenticated channel that requires a TV or cable subscription to access all the content available through their channel. Do you have an active TV or cable subscription that you can authenticate the Discovery GO channel with?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sameolroad 

Thanks for the post.

Discovery Go is an authenticated channel that requires a TV or cable subscription to access all the content available through their channel. Do you have an active TV or cable subscription that you can authenticate the Discovery GO channel with?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi , i'm having a similar issue with discovery go ... (i do have the channel with my cable provider)

i went to the site that it says & entered the activation code -which it then says completed-  you've been activated (something like that) but when i go to the discovery go channel on the roku tv it dose not allow me to watch live & it still shows locked episodes???????

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@markeefamily 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Discovery Go directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Discovery Go channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://go.discovery.com/general/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Zena1

Discoverygo

Jump to solution

Been watching discoverygo for some time.Now it shows red keys and cannot get a activation code

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Discoverygo

Jump to solution

@Zena1 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Then if you a TV or cable subscription, try reauthenticating the channel to see if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sameolroad
Reel Rookie

Re: Discoverygo

Jump to solution

I get my TV through an antenna because I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a bunch of channels that I don't watch. I bought the Roku because I pay for Hulu and was told that Disney+ wouldn't stream on my 2015 Vizio TV without it. I really enjoyed watching Homestead Rescue the first few weeks, but now it has the red key on it. Is it possible there was a free trial period on Discovery Go that I didn't know about? 

0 Kudos
ladybug2

Jump to solution

All I Can Say is good luck.  My cable company said I had to contact Roku and Roku said I had to contact Discovery and Discovery said I had to contact my cable company.  A complete circle and still can't watch DiscoveryGo ro HGTVGo!

jenimulw

Jump to solution

same here, Have been going back and forth with Discovery go rep by email. I have tried EVERYTHING. resetting my TV didnt even work. Spectrum has done everything on their end, but still we cannot get it to work. If ya'll figure it out let me know. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Suggestion to remove Discovery GO from Roku, add it back, activate, and try again, worked like a charm on the first try. Success. Thanks so much.

0 Kudos