Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badsupport27
Reel Rookie

Re: Discovery Go channels not loading

Jump to solution

@Toddpop that is because it really isn't a Discovery Go issue.  The apps work fine on other devices without the Roku update.  With the new Roku update the device will not launch the apps but instead crashes.  The simplest solution is Roku needs to own their issue and either remove the update or issue a new update with a fix.  But is true Roku fashion they will not acknowledge their mistake and correct it.  It is always someone else fault.  Really if they do not want to support the older devices then great, be upfront and transparent and offer a good rebate on a new device... I have had my device for over 4 years.  In the past 8 months I have noticed small issues coming from Roku such as all the sudden I am getting a error message saying channels will load faster with a sim card (never had a issue before), navigation has become more inconvenient,  boot time has increased, have to reboot more often.  These are all little things they have added in updates to annoy the user in order for the user to go buy a new to upgrade.  ALL SALES TACTICS....

dangjalopy

Jump to solution

It seems Roku no longer cares about us. I have been on a Roku longer than most and have always advocated for them but now 4 months after an update and still can’t watch discovery go I am moving to fire stick. So long idiots 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dangjalopy,

Thanks for sharing this in the Roku Community!

We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. This is not what we aim for. Before we provide you with troubleshooting steps, what steps have you taken to reproduce the issue you're currently experiencing? In addition, is this an isolated case on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shell57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku support, just so you know, I did all efforts to resolve the issue as provided by your support team as well as the Discovery Go team, but nothing worked on that particular model of Roku stick. In the end I upgraded to a new stick and the Discovery GO is now working. It upset me to resort to buying a new device but I did get an offer to get one at a discounted price.  Hopefully in the future when your push updates, please advise if they will affect certain models of your devices. 

0 Kudos
Toddpop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have been working with TLC/DISCOVERY , and all my apps are all working again!

They came out with an updated version, which resolved it of the best for TLCGO and DiscoveryGo... I had to uninstall AnimalPlanetGo, restart, then reinstall. It froze on the first try, but on the second try it loaded and is now working!

Thanks to Discovery/TLC IT team for working with me to get it working again 

0 Kudos
Toddpop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update: About a week after the apps started working, they stopped again.

Still not working.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Toddpop,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your apps that stopped working. We'd like to know more about it. Please provide us more details so we can further assist you.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes trying to play a content?
  • How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toddpop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
  • What Roku device are you using right now? Roku Express
  • Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? Any of the TLC-brand apps: TLC-GO, AnimalPlanet-Go
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes trying to play a content? No- When I attempt to launch an app, the app starts to load, then freezes. Eventually, the app crashes, and I am returned to the Home screen. Occasionally, the Roku will restart.
  • How far is your Roku device from your network router? 30 feet
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? No, I am connected via WiFi to my FIOS router.
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Toddpop,

We appreciate you for keeping us updated in the Roku Community!

Have you tried removing the Discovery Go channel and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

Please let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toddpop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Been there, done that... same issue.

0 Kudos