Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nsady1
Reel Rookie

Re: Discovery Go channels not loading

Jump to solution

Yep! I’m having the same issue too. It all started after the latest Roku system update. Having the same issue on both of my TVs. 

one thing I’ve noticed is that after a few days, when Discovery Go automatically logs you out, I can access the app and login in. Most of the time it runs slows and just closes down. However, last night, it loaded super slowly but I was finally able to watch the first episode of the new Expedition Unknown season!

Discovery Go is the app I watched the most with Roku and not having it and not being able to find a resolution is getting irritating. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nsady1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when streaming content through the Discovery GO channel. We'd be glad to check more to see how we can assist. We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues.

Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel."
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue remains unresolved, please be advised that many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. We suggest you contact the Discovery GO channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. You can contact them here.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bubba_C
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR, so the fact that your, ROKU’s, update F’d up our ability is of NOOOO consequence.  Your just going to blame the GO app developers and tell us ROKU customers basically “Piss off”. Go holler at some unknown developer POC who is from what I can tell is unidentifiable and thus uncontactable.

now that’s **bleep** customer service.

Nsady1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Bubba_C That’s why I didn’t respond. I’ve seen the same response in other threads. They don’t want to take accountability and fix it. DiscoveryGo works just fine on all of my other devices so it’s obviously not Discovery’s issue. 

oh well, I’ll just find another service. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bubba_C @Nsady1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're going to have to push back here as we don't program any apps for our channel partners. They likely will have different app packages depending on the platform, and these apps are entirely handled by the channel partner.
We've alerted the channel's engineering team to get this resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nsady1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No hard feelings here. I think that’s what folks wanted. More than just the stock reply of “go ask Discovery”. I’m glad your team has reached out the channels engineers. 

Luckily, I have found that all of the DiscoveryGo, TLC, etc shows are on HBO Max now. Leads me to believe that may be one of the root causes of the issue. I can watch Expedition Unknown on Max now, so I’m satisfied. 

thanks for your responses!

0 Kudos
Toddpop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still nothing on this? I am still not able to access these apps .. they start to load, then freeze and finally I am returned to the home screen.

I am running out of hope with this... Don't make me look for another option here!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Toddpop,

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we provide you with troubleshooting steps, may we know what steps you have taken to reproduce the issue you're currently experiencing? When did this playback issue start? In addition, is this an isolated case on the Discovery Go channel on your Roku streaming device/TV?

With more detailed information from you, we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We'll be looking forward to your update as we are committed to finding a solution to your concern.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
badsupport27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not so, I have already done extensive research with Discovery IT.  This issue occured after a Roku system update which affected certian older device models.  Roku is refusing to acknowledge this.  I had to file a BBB and FCC complaint to get Roku to take any action.  They refused to remove the update that caused the issue. They finally are replacing my device.  I was told I would get the replacement device with in 5 to 7 days and I will have a RMA with a return label for the old device, well that was a month ago and still have not recieved the device so this will be esculated with the FCC.  From what I have been told from an inside anonymous source is that this is intentional from Roku as the fact is most will not bother to fight this and will go buy a newer upgraded device model.  Roku is banking on the odds.  So keep an eye out as this will more than likely end up as a class action....

Toddpop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@badsupport27 thanks for your update... I have been "working" with Discovery/TLC support, which means answering the same questions over and over as the case the escalated through their support tiers.

No one has yet offered anything being the basic remediation steps... Not sure that they can come up with an answer.

0 Kudos