Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCornutt

Directv Stream App Video Stops After 5 second

I am having the same issue and have deleted and added back. Updated the software and tried again with no luck. 
when I log in Direct TV it seems like it is going to open, then I get a message that there is an issue and try avoid.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Directv Stream App Video Stops After 5 second

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community! We understand that you are unable to stream the Directv Stream App. We're happy to help.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue is persistent only with this app, we highly suggest that you contact Direct TV Support, as this error message may be specific on their end.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos