Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachel4K

DirectTV stream, second roku express 4K+

Hi

I just switched my streaming service to DirectTV stream. I have a Roku Express 4K+ in my living room that works fine for all channels. I set up a second Roku Express 4K+ in my bedroom but it will only access a few channels. When I try to access some channels, it shows the title screen with the channel name and logo, the program information and time, and the blue bar across the bottom of the screen but never progresses to the content. Premium channels like HBO seem to work but others like CNN, MTV, CMT just won't load. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: DirectTV stream, second roku express 4K+

Hi @Rachel4K

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your Roku Express 4K+ is having trouble accessing certain channels with your new DirectTV stream service, there are a few potential causes and troubleshooting steps you can take:

• Check your internet connection: Make sure that both of your Roku devices are connected to the same stable internet connection. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it may cause issues with streaming certain channels.
  • Check for channel updates: Try checking for updates for the channels that are not working on your Roku device. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" and select "Check now" to see if any updates are available for the channels.
  • Check for software updates: Ensure that both of your Roku devices are running the latest version of their operating system. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" and select "Check now" to see if an update is available.
  • Restart your Roku: Sometimes, simply restarting your Roku device can resolve the issue. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "System restart" and select "Restart."
  • Uninstall and reinstall the affected channels: We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos