Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV Stream stuck on homepage

I just renewed my DirecTV Stream channel and cannot access channel as it's stuck on home page.  I have already restarted the channel and restarted Roku more than five times, however I'm still stuck on the home page.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DirecTV Stream stuck on homepage

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache BEFORE reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System". If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
kkkurtz

I now have a new ATT Air modem and already have Direct TV, yet when I turn on my Roku set I cannot get passed the first page because it is asking for a password, which previously wasn't necessary as I have it on two other sets in my home.   This set won't let me in and I have never have had to have a password to get in.  Direct TV is paid for with my ATT account   What do you suggest?  You aren't making this easy.  I have tried every password I have to try to access it.  I have no phone number to contact someone at Roku to see what to do.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, @kkkurtz.

Please be aware that we have removed the personal information you have included in your post for your privacy.

If this issue lies with accessing shows on the Direct TV app on your Roku, kindly perform the troubleshooting steps provided above this thread. If that does not work and will still require a password, kindly try to modify the PIN settings on your Roku account by visiting our website here. This support article will guide you through the process of removing pin preferences.

If the issue persists with accessing Direct TV, kindly get in touch with the channel provider for further assistance.

Kindly keep us informed of what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wlw

Re: DIRECTV screen stuck on homepage

My Roku TV is stuck on the DirectV ad on the home page. I have volume control for the one channel playing in the background and that's it. I have tried multiple methods of troubleshooting provided through different google searches but nothing works. How do I get past the DIRECTV screen? It's been there for two days now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: DIRECTV screen stuck on homepage

How are things? @wlw,

A cheerful welcome from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about Direct TV. We're happy to assist.

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos